We all have something we want to accomplish. We all have goals, ideas and we are always told to dream big, but where is the line between just saying it and actually making it a reality?
I cant even tell you how many times I have heard, “Just have faith” come out of someone’s mouth. But sometimes its harder than it sounds because of the situation we are going through at the time. I do believe that “having faith” is essential in our walk with Jesus, but having faith and showing that you have it are two completely different things. Anyone can say, “I have faith”, but if we are not ready to prove that we do, what good is it anyway?
My good friend Jarrid Wilson wrote, “Sometimes having faith means engaging in something so bold that you will end up looking stupid if Jesus doesn’t come through. Ultimately, hearing the Word initiates faith; speaking the Word activates faith; doing the Word demonstrates faith.”
Reflect on some of these passgaes:
2 Corinthians 5:7-We live by faith, not by sight.
Romans 10:17-Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
James 2:17- So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it it dead and useless.
End with reading all of Hebrews 11:1-39
Today spend a few minutes to pray for:
- Your own faith. Ask God to reveal where your faith is at at this point in your life.
- Your faith not just being something you say you have, but something that you can prove to others.
- Ask God where in your life your faith needs to be seen in action and not just in talk.
- Ask where in your life do you need to have complete faith in Jesus and you will look like a fool if Jesus doesn’t come through.
- Pray for the courage to do whatever that thing is.