Proverbs 18:22- He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.
So I am getting married in 8 days. There is a lot on my mind as we go into the week of the wedding. I thought it would help my crazy mind if I wrote out a list of all of the things I’m thinking about, and then would appreciate your prayers as I enter this new territory of marriage.
Here is everything that is going through my head:
- YES! I’m marrying my best friend. The most Godly woman I know. She keeps me grounded and I just can’t wait until she gets to be my new roomie! I’m excited that we get to start this new life together.
- I pray that my excitement to be with her never fades. I don’t see that happening.
- I pray we keep our marriage Christ-centered not self-centered.
- We did the whole wedding ourselves. I hope it all comes together as good as it looks in our head.
- PRAY FOR NO RAIN! It’s outside!
- For decent whether! Not too cold!
- I’m going to have to clean up our place everyday now, not just when I know she is coming over.
- I ge to wake up to her face everyday in 8 days.
- My view in ministry is going to change a little bit. My time and energy will have to be adjusted with a wife at home and not an empty house.
- We are a model of a new, Godly, couple to our students. Not something to take lightly.
- What presents are we going to get?
- Who is going to be the crazy one in my family to do the Gangnam Style dance and twist an ankle on the dance floor?
- What is my bachelor party going to be like? I leave for it tomorrow and I have no idea what they have planned…I’m scared.
- I ge to see my best friend Jeremiah for the first time in 5 months since he moved to OK to work at Life Church this week.
- I cannot wait to see in real life what Ephesians 5 is all about when it comes to loving christ and loving my wife.
- How bad am I going to cry when I see Kristin walk down the aisle? (Prediction: balling like a baby. I tear up when I hear the song she is walking down to now.)
- How much fun is everyone going to have? I want it to be a huge party.
- Pray I can take “real” days off. Probably going to leave my phone somewhere else to help that temptation.
- Im honored to work at a place who wants to see my marriage succeed and is gracious with my time in and out of the office in the next few weeks.
- I cannot wait to see my friends and family come together to celebrate.
- I’m getting married in 8 days. Holy crap.
This is such a random list but all things that I am thinking about this week. Can you pray for that?
Thank you! Until I am back, enjoy the guests posts from some awesome people!